West Australian builders dominated the National Excellence in Building and Construction Awards on the weekend bringing home more awards than any other state or territory.
Denita Wawn CEO of Master Builders Australia said, “The West’s builders certainly put in a ‘best on ground’ performance.”
“Their prowess was certainly on display with notable success across the all three sectors of the industry in residential, commercial/industrial and civil/engineering construction,” she said.
WA builders dominate performance included taking out 12 of the 44 major awards including:
- National Commercial Master Builder of the Year, Multiplex
- National Lifestyle Housing for Seniors Award – Retirement Villages, BGC Construction for St Ives
- National Environment and Energy Efficiency Residential Building, Nulook Homes in conjunction with Solar Dwellings and Step Beyond
- National Display Home under $250,000, Celebration Homes for the Ellington
- National Display Home $250,000 to $350,000, New Generation Homes for Oak Ridge
- Toyota National Display Home $500,000 to $1.5M, Novus Homes for The Paragon
- National Luxury Project Home over $2M, A Di Bucci & Son
- Cbus National Medium Density – 2 to 5 dwellings, Weststyle Design and Development
- National Commercial Historical Restoration/Renovation, McCorkell Constructions for the Fremantle Town Hall
- National Commercial/Industrial Construction over $100M, Optus Stadium by Multiplex
- Toyota National Civil/Infrastructure Award over $25M, Perth Stadium Station by Laing O’Rourke
- National Entertainment/Recreation Facility, Multiplex for Optus Stadium
“The WA building and construction industry has again demonstrated that it provides the highest quality outcomes for its clients,” Denita Wawn, CEO of Master Builders Australia said.
Multiplex’s work on Optus Stadium has resulted in a landmark project for the Perth and West Australian community.
The construction of Optus Stadium, a 60,000 seat multi-purpose venue, delivers an unrivalled stadium experience for Western Australia along with the surrounding Stadium Park. Designed with a “fans first” philosophy, it offers year-round community facilities including parklands, nature play areas, restaurants, an amphitheatre as well as a pedestrian and cyclist network.
Laing O’Rourke’s success for Perth Stadium Station is integral to Optus Stadium’s transport solution. A clever construction approach and digital engagement allowed the six platform station to be safely delivered on time with minimal impact. Capable of moving up to 28,000 people within an hour, the Stadium Station provides a high quality transport service.
Novus Homes Display Home, The Paragon is a stunning home that incorporates a minimalistic architectural design, with timber and stone cladding, creating a rich and impressive elevation. The home includes large bedrooms, private guest area and luxury upstairs master suite, opening onto a large balcony and sitting area. The homes hub is the large kitchen, with designer cabinets, feature Island bench, concealed bar cabinet and large scullery. All the living areas have views to the deluxe alfresco & pool area and the home is designed for family living at its best.
A timeless design and excellent build quality saw A Di Bucci & Son take out the National Luxury Project Home over $2M.
Contrasting acrylic render, a frameless glass balustrade, cedar-lined external entertainment areas and imported, high-quality clay slate roof tiles combine to create this timeless design. Machine-honed travertine tiles, gloss-finished glazed doors and sidelights leading into a foyer with a lift and a sweeping curved granite-tread staircase are among the other quality standouts.
“A Di Bucci & Son have done an exceptional job here and are to be congratulated on their excellent build quality,” Denita Wawn, CEO of Master Builders Australia said.