The Minister for Foreign Affairs and the Minister for Women, Senator the Hon Marise Payne formally launched the expanded Women Building Australia program at Master Builders Australia’s annual National Leaders Summit.
The launch featured the Male Champions of Change video. The expanded Women Building Australia program builds on the great success of the National Mentoring Program that supports women who have just started or who are early on in their building and construction careers and promotion of the industry and the huge range of opportunities it presents for women to attain fulfulling and well paid careers to at careers expos around the country. The expanded includes new initiatives:
- Dedicated Women Building Australia website providing resources and support for women in the building and construction industry.
- Business resilience coaching program including courses and coaching for women small business operators in the industry.
- Female led business register to provide a resource for people who would like to use female operated building and construction suppliers.
- Provide industry specific support for women that experience in discrimination and harassment.
- Continuation of the National Mentoring Program over the next 2 years.
- Continuation of attendance at career expos encouraging more women to enter the industry.